Web Designing is a task that requires great focus and time as it holds elements like colour, layout, images and fonts. A single mistake can make your design look crumpled and unappealing.
The challenge does not end by developing the perfect design; there are several stages to complete before launching your website online. The first step after designing your web page is to give it a proper structure and choose the right keywords:
1) Choose The Right SEO Friendly Names For Your Webpage: It becomes easy for Google to index your site if you follow this tip because search engine algorithms give preference to sites with names that include relevant keywords. Thus, spend time working on the names of various pages such as URLs, file names or even titles of webpages.
2) Decide Whether To Use Flash Or HTML5: Although both have different advantages, you can use both together if it is required for your project. However, only use the appropriate technology considering the type of device that renders your website’s content on screen.
3) Take Advantage Of Video Backgrounds: Video backgrounds are an efficient way of grabbing attention as they are visually appealing to viewers. They are easy to implement and need little effort but make sure the video does not interfere with legibility or load time.
4) Make A Site Map And Submit It To Google Webmaster Tools: This allows search engine crawlers to index all of your pages more efficiently thus resulting in increased traffic. A site map should include information on all the pages on your site and a brief description of each page.
5) Optimize Images For Search And Create ALT Tags: To enhance search engine visibility, you should optimize all images using file names, descriptions and alternative text which is referred to as ALT tags. The keywords used in these tags play an important role in getting your website ranked high on various search engines.
6) Provide Necessary Feedback And Security: Speed matters a lot when it comes to websites because viewers tend to lose patience if they have to wait for more than three seconds before a webpage load completely. Thus, streamline all web pages so that they can load quickly without slowing down the device on which they are viewed. Also, ensure security by implementing a secure payment gateway and SSL certificates.
7) Get Rid Of Unnecessary Links And Images: A clean code is easier to read, understand and maintain which also results in a faster loading time of webpages. Thus remove all the junk elements like pop-ups that hinder user experience and take you back to previous stages during development if you want to avoid wasting precious time and resources on them again.
8) Don’t Neglect Testing: No matter how perfect your design looks after completion, it is important to carry out thorough testing before launching an online version which requires users’ interaction such as filling forms or purchasing items etc. You may hire third-party services to test your website’s functionality because it is crucial for website owners to ensure basic usability otherwise users can get frustrated and look for other sites to meet their needs.
9) Take Advantage Of Free And Open Source Software: There are many free tools available online that make website designing easier and efficiently such as WordPress, Apache, Joomla and DotNetNuke which allow you to develop functionalities like shopping carts and forums at little or no cost. If you want to save money and create a dynamic site within a short span of time, use open-source software.
10) Enhance Your Website With Plugins: You can never put a limit on creativity because there is always something new to explore. Thus explore the wide world of plugins developed by the developer community that enhance functionality such as social media buttons, search bars etc thus helping your website stand out from the competition.
11) Promote Your Site On Social Media Networks: Make your presence felt online by promoting your website on various social media networks because they are easy to use, allow users to share content with friends and followers which also increases awareness about your business resulting in an increase in traffic.
12) Optimize Webpages For Better Usability: If you want visitors to stay on your site for more time, it is necessary that webpages load fast and do not keep them waiting for more than three seconds. Also, make sure they do not have to go back or close a window frequently while surfing through different pages of a website because these can frustrate users and cause them to leave immediately. Thus optimize every element for better usability.
13) Reduce Loading Time: Visitors lose patience if they have to wait for more than three seconds before webpage loads completely so streamline all webpages so that they can load quickly without slowing down the device on which they are viewed.
14) Be Careful While Placing Ads And Pop-Ups: It is important to generate revenue from your website but placing too many ads and pop-ups may irritate visitors who might look elsewhere because high volume advertising can distract site owners from their prime objective. Thus, place only those ads that are relevant and do not interfere with other areas such as navigation bar etc.
15) Draw People’s Attention To Your Social Media Profiles: Allow social media buttons to be visible on every page as they serve as a perfect way for increasing brand awareness and promoting your social media profiles thus leaving a positive impression on users who might want to connect with you in the future by becoming regular visitors.